Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Japanese Government Scholarship 2008

Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2008
Please read the following procedures and inquire at the department concerned if you have applied for the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2008 (Research Students), have successfully completed the preliminary examination at the Japanese Embassy (Consulate Office) in your country, and wish to study at Hiroshima University.
Application for 2008 academic year may be submitted to us until the end of August. It may take longer to issue a letter of acceptance, therefore we advise you to contact the concerned faculty as soon as possible.
When making an inquiry, please let the concerned faculty know that you are an applicant for the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2008, and that you have passed the preliminary examination.
1. Please contact the office in charge of international research students at the graduate school you wish to enter if you wish to obtain admission as a graduate student or a research student, or a letter of acceptance as a research student. In order for the concerned faculty to answer your questions as accurately as possible, please provide us with the following information when making your inquiry:
1. Name
2. Nationality
3. Current university or company name
4. Field of study and study program
5. Desired academic supervisor
6. Desired course for enrollment (research student, master's course, doctoral course orprofessional graduate course)
7. Contact details (e-mail, fax or telephone number)
Note: Please tell us the most up-to-date information.
2. The documents that must be submitted to the concerned faculty are the documents that were submitted to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate Office (application form, certified academic records of the university attended, study program to which a confirmation seal of the Japanese Embassy/Consulate Office is affixed), Preliminary Examination Certificate issued by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate Office and other documents requested by the graduate school.
You should submit the documents to the address requested by the office in charge of international research students at the graduate school you wish to enter upon consulting with them.
3. Please click the link below for a list of departments for inquiries.
4. Before making an inquiry, please read the following details about methods for gathering information. Please gather sufficient information in advance about your objectives for studying in Japan, the graduate school which is suitable for your research, whether there is a suitable course at Hiroshima University and the department of the faculty member you wish to be supervised by. We recommend that you investigate these items carefully so that there is no discrepancy after you enroll.
The "Profiles of Faculty and Research Scholars" contains information about the specialist fields, research activities and subjects taught by over 1,700 faculty at Hiroshima University. You can search by name and keywords.